Saturday, December 3, 2011

Where to next?

I'd appreciate any feedback you may have on this series, particularly on issues such as:
  • how many verses to cover in a post - was it too much t do two or more at a time as I did with Psalm 137?
  • is the level of detail on the Latin about right, or would you like more parsing (starting what case/tense etc is being used), alternative translations?
  • are the commentaries helpful?
  • are the Latin study hints posts helpful or not?
Any other more general comments or reactions are also welcome.

I'd also be particularly interested in hearing how you are using this series.  Has anyone taken up my suggestion to use the Simplicissimus course for example?  Is anyone sitting down systematically and trying to learn these psalms phrase by phrase, or are you just reading through the notes and absorbing what you can as you go?  Are you more interested in the Latin or the context/commentary material?

2 comments:

  1. Kate,
    I am a Latin learner and am finding everything you post to be incredibly helpful.

    It would be great to have some of the more complex Latin constructions "de-constructed" if you have the time to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elizabeth, if I ever resume this series I'll certainly keep that in mind.

    However given the underwhelming level of interest, I'm putting this project on hold for the moment.

    ReplyDelete